Bruce Galaro - Principal Attorney
Bruce Galaro has over 28 years of experience as a corporate and business attorney handling acquisitions, corporate, commercial, employment and technology matters and transactions. His clients typically are small to middle market high-growth companies but he has represented billion dollar clients. Prior to founding Business Law Group, he served as Vice President and General Counsel at Vital Network Services, Inc., a global, communications network services company, responsible for managing the company's legal activities including intellectual property, strategic relationships,corporate matters, litigation management, employment law and the negotiation of commercial and technology agreements. He was also Vice President, Legal Affairs at General DataComm, Inc. and Senior Counsel at Timeplex, Inc., both leading providers of communication products and services worldwide. He holds a Juris Doctor degree cum laude from the Quinnipiac University School of Law and is the recipient of three American Jurisprudence awards for excellence in the study of law.
Recent and Representative Transactions
1. Represented the shareholders of a leading laboratory informatics company in a stock purchase acquisition of the firm by a subsidiary of Accenture, PLC. Transaction required CFIUS review and approval and closed July of 2017.
2. Represented an international management consulting firm in the sale of its UK subsidiary and certain parent-owned patents, trademarks and related intellectual property. Transaction closed January of 2017.
3. Representing a provider of educational training services in the US, structured, negotiated and drafted all equity purchase and related third party funding agreements with regard to the LLC's redemption of a founder's membership interest. Transaction closed June of 2016.
4. Represented a $27B Brazilian food products company as the seller in a US product line asset purchase transaction and reciprocal $200M Supply Agreement. Transaction closed January of 2016.
5. Represented a global, data network services corporation and its shareholders with respect to a reverse subsidiary merger with a $300M IT hardware and services company. Transaction closed September of 2015.
6. Represented a high-profile asset reliability and industrial services company and its shareholders with respect to its acquisition by Emerson Electric. Transaction closed May of 2015.
7. Represented the sellers as co-counsel in a substantial Q2 2014 combined asset purchase and stock purchase transaction involving numerous entities, assets, real properties and regulatory issues in the waste management industry.
8. Representing the sellers, structured and negotiated the sale of a global consulting and advisory practice to a foreign private equity group.
9. On behalf of the buyer, negotiated the acquisition of a network services division of a UK-based computer products company; employees, contracts, tangible assets and certain liabilities were transferred, acquired and assumed.
10. Negotiated, drafted and implemented the purchase and consolidation of a majority equity position in a corporation in exchange for a membership interest in a real estate limited liability company and secured promissory notes.
11. Negotiated and drafted a comprehensive and integrated multi-million dollar consulting and product development transaction where the consideration was a combination of cash, secured notes and vesting/forfeitable equity grants.
Of Counsel Attorneys and Co-Counsel Relationship.
All Business Law Group professional legal services described in this website are provided by Bruce Galaro. Because from time to time the needs of our clients require expertise in the complementary areas of litigation, international law, patent law, environmental law, tax law, and real estate, Business Law Group has developed, maintains and regularly partners with a group of attorneys with these complementary skills and experience. All such attorneys have successfully worked with the Business Law Group for years, possess exceptional professional credentials, and have separate practices in other law firms. Upon the recommendation to and approval by the client, they are available to provide such legal services in conjunction with the Business Law Group.